Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Honey Pot Hill Orchards




My weekend was very full with my youngest grandchildren visiting overnight. I have been mentoring with our youth group since last year. It was something that called to me again.
My love of children has lead me to teach Sunday School, work on Education Commission in my church, be Sunday School Superintendent, teach Vacation Bible School, work at a Christian Camp while on vacation from my job, work with youth while my older daughters were toddlers, work with youth when my youngest daughter was in youth group, do family daycare, become a foster parent as well as Advent Workshop crafts for all generations for many years. I have worked with children most of my life. My being the oldest in our family perhaps has been the source of this talent working with children.

What is your birth order? How do you relate to children and youth?

Apple picking is a highlight every fall. It is wonderful that we can get out in the sunshine. There have been years that it has been a chilly day. There are many apple orchards close to our home. It is become a big business to offer picking. We arrived just past noon and had little lines ahead of us. As we left, there were many many cars filling the parking lots. It is a great activity for young and old. I heard and saw many interactions with families and friends.

I am looking forward to more fun fall events. Perhaps a hike is in the offering in the future. I know that on Saturday our youth group will be going into the Museum of Science to view the Dead Sea Scrolls. It will be an awesome exhibit to view. I do not expect to be allowed to photo the exhibit.



No comments:

Post a Comment