Thursday, July 25, 2013

Just a Little Pitch for My Surgical Team & Hospital

 had my RNY gastric bypass surgery with Dr Pablo Gazmuri who has retired in May '12. My surgery was January 3 2008. Prior to surgery, I lost 81 pounds and met my surgical team in August '07 50 pounds lighter that I started in February.
I was so sad to see him leave. He was 65, so possibly it was a great move for him. I now have Dr Sheila Partridge a top notch surgeon in the field of bariatrics.
The hospital that I went to is Newton Wellesley Hospital Massachusetts. It is a great place with beds, chairs and gurneys the right size for the obese patient. The nursing staff was spectacular.
I am so pleased to have the ongoing care where I meet with a dietitian, nurse and the bariatric surgeon once a year now for life.
There are many opportunities to continue with the after care program in seminar format rather than small groups. It was something that I really liked when I was more able to make the meeting times. I think anyone would like this Center of Excellence pratice.

No comments:

Post a Comment