Monday, July 20, 2015

OAC YWM2015 Convention and Maintenance Regain Stress

I made a video in which I discuss that there is less than a month before I'll be packing to go to the OAC's convention in San Antonio. I see this as another opportunity to learn. I especially like the finding healthy along your weight loss journey session. 

I talk about how I used an industrial scale to weigh myself and mention that I took all weight articles off like my coat and shoes. In the video, I didn't mention that at any time someone could have witnessed my weight so that I was very cautious. The scale was two sided with an office on one side where people would work. Also, there were multiple entry points on the dock where I would be seen. 
I mentioned that I start my day with a Jay Robb Protein drink. I made mine with Lactaid Milk and blended it. On many occasions, I will add fruit, produce and chia seeds. I did not because I was making a video...no seeds in teeth! 

In my years before learning that I did not need to travel to have weight loss surgery, I had thought of plans to go to Atlanta to where my cousin had RNY surgery. My weight was going up as I stepped on that scale. I did not have a home scale. I would not be within the parameters of a home scale. At the doctor's office, the 250 block was always added plus more weight!

I began losing weight in February 2007 after seeing a digital photo of me sitting reading to pre school children in Marigot Dominica. I lost weight on the trip. I continue to lose weight on trips. 

My plan was hatched over the months following where I wrote everything down in a Little Black Book put out by dailyfooddiary.net that helped me tremendously. I would check calories for my food with the Calorie King calorieking.com book. I began to make more of my own meals and eat more meals at home. Lastly, I would drink a protein drink. 

I talk about stresses and regain during a time that many close family members were dying of cancer. I talk about how that manifest in weight gain and a superficial ulcer. I'm sure glad it wasn't a full blown ulcer because it was very painful. My water intake was increased and I was waking up at night more often to walk and burp and pee of course. The soothing effects of the water did nothing to alleviate the pain. I was going back to see my surgeon four months after my annual check up because I had regained. No scale at home at the time, but my clothes were fitting better and I was in smaller clothes! I love shopping in my own closet! 

I had to schedule another operation that was day surgery and found out the pain was from a superficial ulcer and had my opening widened to half an inch. I thought this would help me eat more. I still eat very little solid protein 

My daughter does 5ks and cross fit training with squats and deadlifts 215 pounds. My injury means that I cannot do repetitive motion and my knees means no running. I do walk and get as much time moving as possible. 

My original surgeon retired five years ago, I have the other senior surgeon in the office and have been very successful in my maintenance to the point of losing  more of my excess weight. At 6.5 years, I had lost 78% of my excess weight. At 7.5 years, I have lost 100% of my excess weight. 

No sitting back on my laurels.  I'm going to the Your Weight Matters #YWM2015 Convention August 13-16 would be a nice place for you to increase your learning about your weight loss. I hope to see you in San Antonio next month. 

No comments:

Post a Comment